Effective Small Groups for Kids and Students was created to help you make small groups more effective. Each week we’ll tackle the structural components necessary to build a strong small group culture. From how you recruit leaders, to how you equip them for ministry, this 6 week course offers the tools you need.
Course Modules Include:
Week 1 - How You Think Is How You Lead
Week 2 - Know Who You Want
Week 3 - Expand Your Span of Care
Week 4 - Build a Culture of Accountability
Week 5 - Move Your Leaders Beyond the Circle
Week 6 - Plan for Growth
Duration: 6 weeks
Group Type: Group Course
- 60 minute weekly video call (teaching and conversation)
- 1 one-on-on call with course instructor
- BONUS: Private Facebook Community
- BONUS: Tribe Conversations
- BONUS: Four Staff Video Courses
- BONUS: Three Boosts Video Archive
Dates & Times
Facilitator: Gina McClain
- Group Video Calls on Thursdays at 2 PM EST
- Course begins Thursday, October 4th
- Course ends Thursday, November 8th
Gina McClain is the NextGen leader at Cross Point Church in Nashville, TN. She’s led in ministry for 18 years in rapidly-growing, multi-site contexts like Life.Church (OK) and Faith Promise Church (TN). The best part of her story is her husband, Kyle, and their three kids: Keegan (19), Josie (16), & Connor (12).
Frequently Asked Questions
How does this course work?
Each week, there will be a 60-minute group call. This call will begin with content driven information shared with the participants. The remainder of the call will be dedicated to discussion and application. Calls will be highly interactive and a collaborative experience where all are expected to contribute. Lastly, every participant has access to one 30-minute call with the group facilitator.
What if I miss a session?
Once a group session is finished, a video recording of that session will be uploaded for viewing access. It remains viewable moving forward, allowing you to catch up at any point or even refer back to videos later on down the road.
How many will be in a group?
This group course has limited capacity. This group will close at 20 participants (most weeks, a few people are unable to participate) making the group large enough for varied experiences/perspectives, but not too big to facilitate lively discussions.
Is there really homework?
Yes, a little. The course will require some outside effort to evaluate your leadership and ministry, helping you take appropriate next steps in building your small group ministry.
What else do I get with this course?
Quite a bit, actually. The course is specifically designed around eight weeks of content, discussion sessions and a 30-minute one on one with your instructor. But we've thrown in quite a few extras.
* Access to a closed Facebook community to ask questions, share ideas, and find encouragement
* Access to Tribe Conversations, regularly scheduled zoom meetings where you can connect with others in similar roles as you
* Access to FREE Staff Courses
* Access to Three Boost Video Archives
This course is not open for enrollment.